Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Lyrics by Tim Rice
Directed and Choreographed by Sarah Elaine Bailey
Musical Direction by Sharon Dobbins Alberson
The Biblical saga of Joseph and his coat of many colors comes to vibrant life in this delightful musical parable!
Joseph, his father's favorite son, is a boy blessed with prophetic dreams. When he is sold into slavery by his jealous brothers and taken to Egypt, Joseph endures a series of adventures in which his spirit and humanity are continually challenged. He is purchased by Potiphar — but then he finds that thwarting romantic advances from Potiphar's wife lands him in jail! When news of Joseph's gift to interpret dreams reaches the Pharaoh (wryly and riotously depicted as a rock star!), Joseph is well on his way to becoming second in command.
Eventually his brothers, having suffered greatly, unknowingly find themselves groveling at the feet of the brother they betrayed but no longer recognize. After testing their integrity, Joseph reveals himself leading to a heartfelt reconciliation of the sons of Israel. Set to an engaging cornucopia of musical styles, from country-western and calypso to bubble-gum pop and rock 'n' roll, this Old Testament tale emerges both timely and timeless.
Now in its 13th consecutive year on the Weathervane Playhouse stage, it is no exaggeration to say that Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat has become an Akron holiday-season tradition!
As in previous years’ productions of the musical, the 2012 production will also employ the use of a youth chorus. Students from four local schools will perform in rotation with the young actors in Weathervane’s production. This year’s participating schools are the Falcon Academy of Creative Arts in Brimfield Township, Miller South School for the Visual and Performing Arts in Akron, Windemere Community Learning Center in Akron and the National Inventors Hall of Fame School/Center for STEM Learning in Akron.
• Cool facts about this show: Since 1972, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat has had four major productions in London’s West End theater district and two on Broadway in New York City – in addition to numerous national touring productions in the United Kingdom, the United States and in international locales. The show’s licensing agent, the Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization, estimates that more than 20,000 productions have been staged over the years by schools and amateur-theater groups.
BROOKE LYTTON and JACKSON STURKEY — The Narrators
BRETT PARR — Joseph
JUSTIN WILEY — Pharaoh
TROY KOWATCH — Potiphar (and soloist for “One More Angel in Heaven")
PAIGE BURRIS — Mrs. Potiphar
JEFF BIXBY — Jacob
TAYLOR BRYAN — The Butler
GRACIE THANASIU — The Baker
ZACH FRETAG — Reuben
CAIT McNEAL — Reuben’s Wife
JEREMY FEOLA — Simeon
MADISON DECKERT — Simeon’s Wife
TROY KOWATCH — Levi
TAYLOR BRYAN — Levi’s Wife
CHRISTIAN PERKOWSKI — Napthali
TAYLOR McWILLIAMS-WOODS — Napthali’s Wife
JOE MARRAS — Issachar
HALLEY HOPSON — Issachar’s Wife
JUSTIN WILEY — Asher
PAIGE BURRIS — Asher’s Wife
NOAH CASINO — Dan
KAY CAPREZ — Dan’s Wife
ZACHARY TROYER — Zebulon
KATE KLIKA — Zebulon’s Wife
JOSH JOHNSON — Gad
GRACIE THANASIU — Gad’s Wife
CHRISTOPHER HA — Judah
KAYLA BAUMGARDNER — Judah’s Wife
CHARLIE GRUHLER — Benjamin
CALISTA PEPE — Benjamin’s Wife
CODEY MONTECALVO — Ishmaelite / Swing / Chorus
AMARA MASCIOLI — Ishmaelite / Swing / Chorus
TED MANSFIELD — Ishmaelite / Swing / Chorus
INGRID SCHMETZER — Ishmaelite / Swing / Chorus
OWEN CASINO — Ishmaelite / Swing / Chorus
BAILEY McWILLIAMS-WOODS — Ishmaelite / Swing / Chorus
► CLICK HERE to read more about our cast and creative team! (pdf)
THE YOUTH CHORUSES
The Falcon Academy of Creative Arts youth chorus performs at the following performances:
• Tuesday, Nov. 20 at 10 a.m.
• Friday, Nov. 23 at 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Nov. 24 at 3:30 p.m
• Sunday, Nov. 25 at 3:30 p.m.
The Miller South School for the Visual and Performing Arts youth chorus (Mrs. Heffernan’s class) performs at the following performances:
• Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 10 a.m
• Friday, Nov. 30 at 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 1 at 3:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 2 at 3:30 p.m.
The Windemere Community Learning Center youth chorus performs at the following performances:
• Thursday, Dec. 6 at 10 a.m.
• Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 8 at 3:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 9 at 3:30 p.m.
The National Inventors Hall of Fame School/Center for STEM Learning youth chorus performs at the following performances:
• Tuesday, Dec. 11 at 10 a.m.
• Friday, Dec. 14 at 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 15 at 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday Dec. 16 at 3:30 p.m.
The Miller South School for the Visual and Performing Arts youth chorus (Mrs. Hazlett’s and Mrs. Galambos’s classes) performs at the following performances:
• Friday, Dec. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 22 at 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 23 at 2:30 p.m.
THE CREATIVE TEAM
SARAH ELAINE BAILEY
Director and Choreographer
SHARON DOBBINS ALBERSON
JULIA "J.J." McADAMS
JASEN J. SMITH
ALAN SCOTT FERRALL
Scenic Designer, Lighting Designer and Technical Director
Assistant Technical Director