10/4/2012 - 10/21/2012
Running Oct. 4 to 21, 2012
Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.
Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m.
Sundays at 2:30 p.m.
A musical by Rupert Holmes
Directed and choreographed by Jim Weaver
Musical Direction by Jen Korecki
When he died in 1870, Charles Dickens left behind an incredible literary legacy that forever enshrined his status as a master storyteller. He also left behind an unfinished novel, upon which this playful show-within-a-show musical comedy is based. John Jasper is a choirmaster in love with his young pupil, Miss Rosa Budd. However, she’s engaged to someone else, Mr. Jasper’s own nephew, Edwin Drood. On a stormy Christmas Eve, EdwinDrood vanishes. Has he merely disappeared — or might he have been murdered? If it’s murder, then next question is, “Whodunit?” Only the audience knows for sure, as The Mystery of Edwin Drood offers viewers a “choose-your-own-ending” aspect because — at each performance — the audience gets to vote on the solution that will determine the show’s conclusion.
• Cool facts: People who were alive in 1979 and 1980 would probably recognize the No. 1 pop song "Escape (The Piña Colada Song)," which was written by this show’s creator, Rupert Holmes. The Mystery of Edwin Drood originated at the New York Shakespeare Festival, the famed not-for-profit theater company that produces the city’s annual “Shakespeare in the Park” performances. The Mystery of Edwin Drood opened at Central Park’s Delacorte Theatre in August of 1985 and, following its summertime success, transferred to Broadway for a commercial run that would last for a total of 608 performances. The show was nominated for 11 Tony Awards and won five — including Best Musical.
Single tickets range between $5 and $24
Special Preview Night savings: All adult and senior tickets are $18 on Thursday, Oct. 4 only.
$5 for children (ages 17 and younger) and college students (with current I.D.)
For Performances After Oct. 4
$24 for adults (ages 18 and older)
$21 for seniors (ages 65 and older) on Thursdays and Sundays only
$5 for children (ages 17 and younger) and college students at all performances
$18 per ticket for groups of 12 or larger -- plus ticket No. 13 is FREE for the group leader!
BOX OFFICE INFORMATION
Buy tickets in person or by telephone (330-836-2626) during the following hours:
• Mondays: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Tuesdays through Fridays: 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Performance Saturdays only: Noon to 5 p.m.
• The Box Office is also open beginning one hour before each performance and remains open until the final curtain.
CLICK HERE to buy tickets online.
PATRICK DUKEMAN — Chairman / William Cartwright/ Mayor Sapsea
TROY KOWATCH — James Throttle / Stage Manager/ Barkeep
JASON LEUPOLD — John Jasper / Clive Pagett
AMANDA DAVIS — Edwin Drood / Alice Nutting
ALEXANDRA JAEB — Rosa Bud / Deidre Peregrine
CRYSTAL CARLSON — Wendy / Isabel Yearsley
ABBEY KANE — Beatrice / Florence Gill
MELANIE HAUER — Helena Landless / Janet Conover
CODY HERNANDEZ — Neville Landless / Victor Grinstead
ADAM VIGNEAULT — Rev Crisparkle / Cedric Moncrieffe
MEG HOPP — Princess Puffer / Angela Prysock
TIM WELSH — Durdles / Nick Cricker
DANIEL RYLANDER — Deputy / Master Nick Cricker
DYLAN RATELL — Bazzard / Waiter/ Phillip Bax
CHRIS TUCK — Harry Sayle / Shade of Drood (Ensemble)
MICHAEL CROWLEY — Montaque Pruitt / Shade of Jasper (Ensemble)
JOHN LIPTAK — Horace / Nicholas Michael (Ensemble)
JAKE ROSKO — Julian / Alan Elliot (Ensemble)
ALLISON GOOD — Violet Balfour / Maid (Ensemble)
JULIA ZOOK — Gwendolyn Pynn / Maid (Ensemble)
KAITLYN GLOVER — Sarah Cook (Ensemble)
SHANNON HUBMAN — Gertie Thompson (Ensemble)
THE CREATIVE TEAM
JIM WEAVER — Director and Choreographer
JEN KORECKI — Musical Director
DANIELLE TERLONGE — Stage Manager
MIKE SFERRO and ROB ANDERSON — Lighting Co-Designers
GARY ROBINSON — Sound Designer
MARY PAT DOORLEY, BRIANNA MACHUGA and JORDAN PRIDDY — Properties Co-Designers
JASEN J. SMITH — Costume Designer
ALAN SCOTT FERRALL — Scenic Designer and Technical Director
KATHY KOHL — Assistant Technical Director
► CLICK HERE to read the bios of our cast and creative team (pdf)